Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Adidas Adistar Boost

A lot of the content on this site is about the gear I have an use.
Accepting that I am very positive about most things I have and have
used I need to wax lyrical about my current shoes.

Having dabbled with Hoka and having a short, unsuccessful return to
Brooks, I am currently wearing the Adistar Boost. I have had them a
few weeks now and run just shy of 150 miles in them. The longest run
being 15 miles and the shortest of around 2.5 miles.

I remain impressed by them, they are responsive, comfortable, light
and showing little sign of wear. The sole with the continental rubber
outer sole has been particularly excellent in the recent wet weather.
Running on slippery Tarmac with leaves everywhere and they have not
slipped or lost grip once. The sole shows no real signs of wear and
the boost cushioning is far greater than you would expect for just
looking at them.

I like soft shoes and they meet that requirement. The fit is like a
slipper, the heel cup soft and well padded, helped by the fact that it
has an Exo-skeleton setup rather than the heel support being inside
the heel cup. My only criticism would be that they are quite narrow in
the toe box so there's little room for the feet to splay as you run.
This hasn't been a major issue but as I run longer could become so.

I run in them most days and the shoes integrity has not deteriorated.
I am looking forward to many more miles in these and planning my next
pair.