Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Short Story - Prosthetic Shame

I woke up with the prosthetic limb lying accusingly beside me. Not the first time this has happened and surely not the last. This in spite of my mental chastising of myself and mentally promising not to do it again. I have lost count of how many times I have said that.

Sometimes a real live woman will come here. They don’t tend to come back after one visit and it doesn’t happen very often. Certainly not as often as I brag. Hence the prosthetic. One woman did find the prosthetic once, that took some explaining. I concocted some lie about how I used to work in a firm that made them and that this was a slightly damaged model (mentally anyway) that I took to sell on eBay but never got around to it. A rubbish lie but one that was accepted without challenge. The power of cheap white wine!

I’ve had the prosthetic for about two years or so I think.

Want to read more? Then why not download the rest here.