Thursday, December 17, 2009

Plan B...

I made a decision today not to go ahead with the Thames Trot in February but instead to replan my year. I made the decision as it is Thursday and i ran 5miles. My first run of this week and in a week i should have run 58miles...it just isn't going to happen. Next week is another bumper week and coincides with Christmas. I will in short be down too many miles to do it justice and my confidence is not there. There's an element of fear involved too but being undercooked for something like this is just not an option.

Plan B includes the Gloucester Marathon in January and then, hopefully the Mayhill Massacre in February. I will then look to do the Boddington 50km and then the Draycote 35miler. If they go well and my training maintains over the coming months i will then look for a 50miler for September time. There's a suprising number of races out there: http://www.ultramarathonrunning.com/races/uk.html.

Making this decision is not an easy one but i think it's the right one for now....with all these events there's time to change back as entry does not fill and if i suddently find a lot of time and get some good mileage down then it's back on.....just right now this is the right decision.

Contiunuing with the running mileage over the next couple of months will give me an excellent base that i can then build on for the endurance events.

i'm definately a runner and will do one of these 50milers just think that February suddenly seems very close....