Friday, February 3, 2017

Not running

I'm not running at the moment.


Again.


Injuries again, I thought it was piriformis giving me sciatic referral pain. This, it appears was incorrect. The issue, or one of them, is sciatica. Lower back stiffness the probable cause. This caused by running, lots of running, and core work. 


I also have an inflamed sacroiliac - this is a ligament not a muscle. It's in the hip and is a shock absorber.


I've also strained my psoas. I did this doing lunges with 2 x 50kg kettle bells. I lie, they were 10kg each - no really. 


The fix for these is not that elusive. Quad stretches, back stretches and a lay off from running. 


I'd already determined to take February off from running so while not ideal it was easy to accept.


More physio on Monday means massage and ultrasound.


The lesson? There's always a lesson. As good as google is it isn't a trained professional physiotherapist. We, runners, think we know all this stuff but we don't. 


Professional diagnosis people. 



Sent from my iPhone