Sunday, April 17, 2011

Garmin Connect

I was given a Garmin Forerunner 305 for Christmas, replacing and updating my Garmin 205. I love it. Always have loved my Garmin and have the spreadsheets full of run and cycling data to prove it.
 With the 305 and Garmin Connect stats are now taken to the next level! Not only can i use the TC software i can also upload to the web with Garmin Connect and then embed session onto the web and link them from my twitter feed. Geek heaven!

This is today's run. A 10mile loop that i have done a few times and used to, when running for ultra training, do a couple laps of plus a bit extra. It feels good to be in double figures though and like i tweeted earlier this week i feel fixed. My ACL was in November and i am running 25'ish miles a week without issue. The knee feels solid and my shin issues have gone. 

I watched the London Marathon today with a mix of envy and disappointment that i wasn't there. It was the first race i did 13 years ago in April 1998. I completed it then in a time of 00:04:20. Avg. 10min miles for the distance. 

13years on i'm still a runner.