Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's happening - Born to Run 37 Mile Ultra

I have blogged a lot about my desire to do an ultra, to see what i can do and start to push myself endurance wise. I realised very quick into my triathlon career that an ironman on top of commuting and family is not going to happen. The training is just to consuming. So i have dabbled and talked a lot about doing an ultra.

It will suit me as i have realised that what i just love is running, the simple act of running.

Clarity of mind, fitness, endorphins the whole 9 yards of what is good and great about a run.

Well tonight i have taken the first step and actually entered one. It's the Born to Run 37mile Ultra in Wales next March. I think that @stoddy38 will be joining me which will be cool.

You can see the route here: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/32336892
It's a long way off but already i'm excited about the prospect! Bring it on!